- Design, prototype, and implement cryptographic protocols that contribute to BTQ network
- Working with the research team on designing protocol for blockchains
- Screening projects by reading protocol specifications and evaluating the technical teams
- Reasoning through the emerging trends in the space and identifying non-obvious opportunities for deployment of capital
- Working closely with technical teams on their mining mechanism, cryptographic primitives, crypto-economic model, smart contract security, and other questions that come up around protocols and software
- MS/PhD in Computer Science/Engineering, or related field
- Solid understanding of (at least one)
- Cryptography - design provably secure, scalable and practical cryptographic protocols, areas of interest include multi-party computation, zero-knowledge proof and post-quantum cryptography
- Distributed systems - design, analyze and implement algorithms and architectures for dependable and scalable distributed systems
- Formal verification - develop and apply techniques to give strong security guarantees for smart contract
- Ability to identify unconventional trends and emerging technologies
- Sharp analytical mind with a killer instinct to identify deals in the market
- Ability to aggregate information from a variety of sources including technical repositories and anecdotal feedback from teams, then draw informed conclusions from incomplete information
- Able to explain complex concepts in simple terms to a non-technical audience
- An open minded research approach and genuine intellectual curiosity
- Contributions to research communities/efforts, including publishing papers in the field of cryptography, distributed systems, or programming languages.
- Courses/experience in cryptography, distributed systems, and/or formal verification.
- Coding experience in one or more languages – Python/C/C++/Java/Go/Rust
- Experience in advanced cryptography (e.g. MPC, zero-knowledge proofs, threshold signature)
- Experience shipping cryptographic protocols or primitives to production
- A desire to teach and mentor team members in your area of expertise
- Published research paper in reputable cryptography journals and conferences
- Application - Resume review and email exchange. Discuss research interests and publications.
- 1st round interview - Technical review. Discussion with management team and reference checks.
- 2nd round interview - Interview with partners and discussion of collaboration.
Upon successful interview process, we will make an offer to the candidate and discuss on-boarding package.